top of page

Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa. Citizens of some European Union countries may take advantage of Visa Waiver Program. Others should apply for a Visitor visa.

Visa Waiver Program

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables most citizens or nationals of participating countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. In order to travel without a visa on the VWP, you must have authorization through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to boarding a U.S. bound air or sea carrier. Please consult the instructions on the ESTA webpage for more information.

Visitor (B) visa

Visitor visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons who want to enter the United States temporarily for business (visa category B-1)​ such as: Consulting with business associates, travel for a convention or conference, negotiating a contract. There are several steps to apply for a visitor visa. The order of these steps and how you complete them may vary by U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Please consult the instructions on the U.S. Embassy or Consulate website.

Wait times for interview appointments vary by location, season, and visa category, so you should apply for your visa as early as possible.

For more information, please visit the official U.S. Department of State website.

All visa applications require a signed Visa Letter, which IATA will supply once your registration has been approved. For some applicants, you may also require a Company Registration Document or other Corporate Documents that IATA will provide on request.

Feel free to visit the IATA TravelCentre for more passport and visa information and please contact if you need any further information or support.

bottom of page